For Immediate ReleaseToronto, CanadaJune 17, 2015
RE: IATA'S "CABIN OK" INITIATIVE
• Cabin OK is a guideline, not a standard. Airlines have no plans to restrict carry-on baggage to the Cabin OK dimensions.
• Most airlines have maximum size limits that are larger than this, and that will not be impacted by the Cabin OK initiative.
• Passengers will be able to continue to use carry-on baggage that is larger than the Cabin OK size, provided it is within their airline’s maximum size limits.
• Cabin OK does not replace airline maximum size limitations. These are determined individually by each airline.
• There are no plans to set an industry standard.